Spectro Centre for New Music is an organization focused on popularizing and promoting the genre of contemporary classical music with a particular focus on electroacoustic and experimental music, based in Iran. It’s mission statement is to:
- support diversity & inclusion in Iranian art
- introduce new music genres and thoughts to the Iranian audiences
- provide knowledge and accessibility to the information on new music
- popularize Iranian contemporary music outside of Iran
- inspire new generations of Iranian composers and provide them access to new music resources
- promote works of new and promising artists from Iran
- share the advancement in arts through the organization of concerts, workshops and lectures about new music
- spread the passion about contemporary, experimental and electroacoustic music
Spectro Centre for New Music is founded by Martyna Kosecka, Polish composer, conductor and performer along with Idin Samimi Mofakham, composer, musicologist and performer from Iran. Spectro Centre for New Music is also a part of the International Confederation of Electroacoustic Music CIME/ICEM and actively represents Iranian electroacoustic composers during annual concerts, panels and talks within the organization.
Annotation: due to the spread of coronavirus pandemic, all recent activities of Spectro Centre for New Music are moved online!